Remove this ad

sebastian cass

Indochino Novice

Lead

Nov 12 12 3:20 AM

Tags : :

So I was thinking about his today, but we know live in the time when you can cut off the mall altogether.

Now sure because of my job I enjoy the crowds and malls seem to be good for that but I was thinking in terms of finding clothes, you can leave browsing for styles/ colours and sizes behind.

If you have a job where you wear suits every day you need:

Suits -> http://www.indochino.com/ for obvious reasons I'm a bit biased but I've seen the quality and I'm sold

Ties -> http://www.thetiebar.com/ sorry indo, the selection and price point is just unbeatable, I doubt I'll buy ties from anywhere else. I own a few of them and they're great!

-Plus you can get cufflinks and pocket squares from them too.

Shoes-> Now this one I'm still exited but unsure about, if it turns out to be indo level! then the circle is complete!http://www.mantorii.com/index.php/shoes.html Now I still think they should get the price to either $199 and if that's too much $249, at 300 you're somewhat competing with adding $79 and getting a new suits from indo...just saying. But it's a great idea.

Jeans...etc-> I'm sure you can get made to measure jeans, nothing comes to mind. I do chinos and levi's for days off.

But for everything else ( vintage cufflinks, colourful socks, suspenders and other stuff) you can always do ebay.

the great thing is that you're now creating an outfit not going and fishing for something you like. Plus it can be done from the convenience of your laptop.

Current indochino suits: 0 sebastiancass.com/ @Cass_Consulting

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#1 [url]

Nov 13 12 12:06 PM

I very much think like you, Sebastian. I for one never enjoyed shopping around for ages and then end up with something that is ok, but not what I initially wanted. 

I'm about to publish the Mantorii review, it will be interesting indeed to see how they develop.

Quote    Reply   

sebastian cass

Indochino Novice

#2 [url]

Nov 13 12 5:07 PM

Just read the review, IMO they're pretty good, I can somewhat see what some people might consider as short coming as the same obstacles that indo had at the beginning, such as the cut and the little things that really make the item desirable, I think they'll be really successful and will have the range of what I would buy (including the price point) within 2-3 years, so for that reason and to help them get there I will be giving them a try soon ( I might just do a tan, no cap, simple oxford with the half leather sole. I'm also not sure where you'd do it but a monogram on a shoe would be great. maybe  a strip on the heel or something.

Do give thetiebar a try they're pretty good.

Current indochino suits: 0 sebastiancass.com/ @Cass_Consulting

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#3 [url]

Nov 16 12 4:42 PM

Yeah, I'm sure they will improve further over time. Seems like a quite good start to me. Look at Indochino when they started and barely knew if their fabrics are cotton or polyester. These days they have Thomas Mason and Reda fabrics :)

I love the tiebar, I do actually have a couple of times from them!

By the way, because you mentioned jeans: there used to be a custom jeans company, I even reviewed them and they went bankrupt shortly afterwards (not because of my review of course). My favourite pair of jeans is actually from them. They were called Indi Custom.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help