Remove this ad

adambeck

Indochino Novice

#21 [url]

Dec 8 12 1:53 PM

OK! So, I got my remake in the mail.  Here's a gallery of images. Keep in mind that my laptop webcam was at crotch level (hehe) so the perspective accentuates my hips a bit.

It's funny, my changes were rather minor, but they made a huge improvement.  I think the biggest thing was bringing in the bicep size. It gives it a much more modern look, and takes it out of the "business man" vibe it had before. The sleeve length now seems good.  I'd like it maybe 1/8th or 1/16th of an inch shorter, but really this is a good length.

My only issue is that taking in the sleeves seems to have made the fact that the shoulders are slightly too large very apparent.  It's a just a slight bit too big, but they are definitely not perfect.  I checked with my tailor, and they charge $65 to bring these in, so I think I'm going to take it in today and see what they say about it. (which is a bummer because I wanted to have the jacket for a couple of holiday events that are coming up.).

There were a few weird things with the remake though, which aren't big but just things I noticed. Minor stuff, mostly just observations and not complaints (except for one).

First, my remake came in a shirt box, instead of a suit box.  This was really annoying, and my only real complaint - because the jacket was extremely wrinkled. I have a steamer, so I took that out and used it to fix the wrinkles.  I know you're not supposed to do this, but I felt like with how bad it was, hanging it in the bathroom while I took a shower wasn't going to fix it, and with how wrinkled it was, I couldn't even tell if it was fitting me well.  One thing that really may have been bad is that when I steamed the shoulders, I noticed a foul odor, I assume from whatever the glue is that they use.  I think I got it too hot.  I hope I didn't do too much damage, but there's now a weird piece on one of the biceps that sticks out very very slightly and is slightly harder than the rest of the sleeve.  It's my fault, but it's annoying because I only did it because they sent me such a wrinkled garment.

Second, my original came with extra buttons sewn to a pocket, for in case you lose one.  This one only had the button to hold the pocket closed. Before sending back the original jacket I'm going to ask if I can take those off and keep them.

Third, the feel and look of the lining is slightly different. It's interesting because they delayed my remake a few days because they'd run out of deco lining, and I think whatever replacement they got, while the same pattern, is slightly different.  The new one is noticeably shinier, more saturated, a little slicker feeling and not quite as soft.  Again, this isn't a complaint.  While I think I preferred the softness of the other lining, this doesn't really matter too much to me.  It still says 100% silk on the tag explaining the composition of the garment.

Aside from the shoulders, I'm extremely happy with this. I just got a new position at my work, and with it came a decent raise - so now that I'm happy with the fit, my gift to myself is going to be to buy a new suit. Odd because I work for a music company and our dress code is extremely casual - so I won't actually be wearing it to my new position - but still I'm going to get it just for myself because I love suiting. I'll probably wait until their next big release though, because I'm not huge on their current inventory (if only the Deco collection was still in stock!).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

adambeck

Indochino Novice

#22 [url]

Dec 8 12 1:56 PM

OH also - I wore a different suit to my work's holiday party last Thursday, but with an Indochino shirt/tie, and the Deco lapel pin that came with this blazer.  ALL NIGHT people were complimenting me and commenting on the deco lapel pin.  It's funny, on this blazer, the color of the pin sort of blends in, but on a midnight blue suit it really popped!  I wish I could just buy the other lapel pins from this collection - I really love that pin, and am so glad that it came with this jacket!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help