Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

Lead

Oct 30 12 4:59 AM

Tags : :

Received my Indochino Midnight Blue Tux today. Still thrilled to open Indochino packages! Fit seems good, but the tux is pretty wrinkled. Also, it really stinks. Never had that before, but it smells like they soaked it in chemicals. Will probably take a while to get rid of that smell... Not very pleasant. Also noticed they now include a little sticker with fabric info on it. Review will be up within a couple of days.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jackwins

Indochino Superhero Mod

#1 [url]

Nov 1 12 12:05 PM

Thats very intresting...  I just got my raincoat in today and it had a chemical type smell as well.  I thought it was from whatever they use to treat to coat to make it "water proof".  However, I doubt they would make a tux water proof 

I'm looking forward to your review.  I am contemplating purchasing this tux.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#2 [url]

Nov 1 12 1:41 PM

Strange. Sometimes my shipments smell faintly of perfume, sometimes I get the chemical smell. I had the tux at the tilted window for a day, it's fine now... Will have some photos taken tomorrow and then the review should be up soon :)

Quote    Reply   

al414

Indochino Novice

#3 [url]

Nov 1 12 6:29 PM

Looking forward to the review! I've rented so many tuxes in the past year it makes more sense to just buy one, especially since my measurements are flawless now.

I really like the deep blue hue so it's definitely the one I would order as well.

Quote    Reply   

deride

Indochino Novice

#4 [url]

Nov 2 12 8:36 AM

My last two suits have really reeked of chemical as well. I think it has to do with the fusing process. They changed that up recently, so that would maybe explain why the suits seem to smell more now than they did before.

Hook us up with some more photos!

Did they ship to you faster than you expected? The website said that it would be 4 weeks because of higher volumes, but my 2nd suit arrived on Oct 31 and it was only 2.5 weeks from when I ordered it. Is it faster when you order subsequent suits, since they don't have to do as much work on the pattern? Can I always expect suits to come quickly now that I've ordered from them?

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#5 [url]

Nov 2 12 10:15 AM

@deride, what did they change about their fusing process? Would be interesting to know. Suit construction has long been quite the topic for Indochino anyway. 

Got some photos taken today, should have them early next week. I really like the material and the color, that midnight blue looks great! 

Re speed of delivery: I ordered on October 7 and received it pretty much 3 weeks after that. I think I ordered before they switched to the 4 week time. Even if your pattern is set, the delivery time usually stays just the same. 

Quote    Reply   

sebastian cass

Indochino Novice

#8 [url]

Nov 12 12 3:24 AM

.... I'm very confused on rnjbond's picture, the lapel is fully black (satin like fabric) but on the Op it's just the edge...is there an option I'm missing? because the full black lapel is the one people want....at least if the goal is to look like this

Current indochino suits: 0 sebastiancass.com/ @Cass_Consulting

Quote    Reply   

jackwins

Indochino Superhero Mod

#9 [url]

Nov 12 12 4:39 AM

I did see you can change the type of lapel on the tuxes. I would guess if you chose the rounded lapel the entire lapel would be a black satin. I would email indo to verify.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#10 [url]

Nov 12 12 5:13 AM

I got it with the shawl collar and it's indeed just the edge that is black. Sorry about the delay with the review, still waiting for the photographer to send me the pics over. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#20 [url]

Nov 17 12 5:02 PM

Yeah, sorry - still waiting for the photos! Should be ready by next week, hopfully.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help