Remove this ad

brdman23121

Indochino Superhero Mod

Lead

Oct 22 12 2:58 PM

Tags : :

Does anyone have any experience with the Indochino topcoats? I was thinking of getting, but I'd be really interested to know how thick/warm they are first. I'm in a place where it gets pretty cold in the winter, so I don't want to drop $350 for something that wouldn't keep me warm. 

Also, does anyone have pictures of what the double-breasted top coat would look like as opposed to the single breasted option they have on the site?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

frank

Indochino Superhero Mod

#1 [url]

Nov 20 12 8:05 PM

I just received the remake of my topcoat. The first one was much too tight in the shoulders and the chest, which I found odd since I have a well fitting suit from them (superhero grey twill). Indochino's remake process is fantastic, the new coat is a great fit. As a side note, when I showed the original to my tailor to get his opinion on the fit, he told me that it was of excellent quality. 

Regarding the warmth, I think it comes down to a debate of form vs function. I haven't worn the coat outside yet, but I can tell you that it probably wont be as warm as a parka. The topcoat is not in the same class as a parka, and can't really be expected to perform the same. I think that if you layer your clothing you will be warm. It might be a good idea to purchase the topcoat and then return it if you find that it doesn't meet your needs. If you're in Canada, shipping to BC isn't that expensive from Canada post (~20 bucks). 

I chose the single breasted option so I can't help you with your picture request. However, let me know if you'd like to see some pics and I can snap a few with my phone.

Quote    Reply   

stormrider

Indochino Superhero Mod

#2 [url]

Nov 24 12 8:09 PM

Frank:

When you are remaking the topcoat, what measurement did you change on your perfect suit?

I'm ordering one based on my best fitting Indochino suit as well.  Here is what I'm thinking:
Shoulder: +0.75"
Chest: + 0.75"
Stomach: + 0.75"
Jacket hip: + 1"
Length: Measure to just above knee
Sleeve: +0.5"
Bicep: +0.5"
Wrist: +0.5"

What actually worked for you?

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

frank

Indochino Superhero Mod

#3 [url]

Nov 26 12 9:02 AM

Hi stormrider,

Indochino will change your measurements automatically so there is no need to change everything. Ultimately, it all depends on how you like your stuff to fit. I prefer things that are fitted but not tight (like the pictures on Indochino's site).

The first jacket that I was sent used the measurements that were created based upon my perfect suit. I had to add 1 inch to the shoulders and 1 inch to the chest. No other changes were needed. 

One other very important note. Ask them not to use the straps in the box when shipping your coat, they can damage the fabric. Also, ask them to ship the jacket inside out (not exactly inside out, if you picture a jacket face down on a table, fold it in half lengthwise, so that after folding you see the inside of the jacket). This will prevent any damage to the outside of the coat.

Quote    Reply   

stormrider

Indochino Superhero Mod

#5 [url]

Jan 25 13 9:44 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.  BTW, how do they decide the length?  I have a longer upper torso, and don't want my coat to reach my knees.

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help