Remove this ad

karldrogo

Indochino Novice

Lead

Mar 27 13 11:57 AM

Tags : :

In trying to resolve the remake/fit issues with my Navy Cotton Suit, for which Indochino just told me they ran out of material for subsequent remakes, Indochino Concierge revealed to me that later today they will be releasing a line of new cotton suits from which I can possibly choose as a replacement.

Point is, new cotton suits as part of their new collection today! This is pleasing to me considering I am quite warm-bodied, and was looking forward to my first cotton suit for its breathability in the warmer months.

You heard it here first. But let's wait a few hours to confirm if this is true. ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#2 [url]

Mar 27 13 7:22 PM

Hey, so at least you don't have the ill-fitting pants/jacket problem for that remake ;)
Working on an article for the new collection, that's one colourful lineup right there! Do you guys like it?

Quote    Reply   

n00b2000

Indochino Novice

#3 [url]

Mar 27 13 9:38 PM

I like that some of the suits were modelled as DBs, although why in the hell they have notched lapels is beyond me. But that's nitpicking, it's a a really solid collection. 

Quote    Reply   

adambeck

Indochino Novice

#4 [url]

Mar 27 13 10:35 PM

I think it's interesting how they are trying to go more casual with the Lookbook.  They pull in a lot of the Chinos (which technically aren't part of the collection), and show a lot less formal ways of wearing their clothes.  I'm honestly not a fan of this collection, but I can see why they went the direction they did.  It feels very safe.  Definitely preferred last years spring collection, unfortunately (fortunately?) at that time I was saving for my wedding, and couldn't take advantage of it.  Look forward to them moving towards more casual M2M clothing, since I really only need to see suits on special occasions (I tend to be over dressed for my office).

Some details.. I noticed quite a few different options in the blazer customizations, specifically, there are now a ton of pocket options (patch pockets!!!!!), and a half lining option!  These are not available for suits though.  On everything, you can also choose your buttonhole color and felt color, instead of only matching it to your lining, which is pretty cool.

Not sure if I'll buy anything from this is a collection, which is a shame since I just got my tax return and was tucking it away for some new wardrobe options.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#5 [url]

Mar 28 13 3:41 AM

Yeah, the new pocket options and the half-lining is apparently exclusive for the blazers and they are planning on rolling it out to suits if all goes well. Half-lined blazers for the summer is really something I've been waiting for from Indochino!

Quote    Reply   

privatewalker

Indochino Superhero Mod

#6 [url]

Mar 28 13 4:49 AM

I really like the blue windowpane blazer but the price has really put me off. I could get the prince of wales 3 piece I've been wanting for only $20 more.
They seem to be releasing more 'premium' items and I'm not sure how I feel about it. If I'm going to spend $600 on a suit I'd like the option of paying a bit extra and getting fully canvassed.

I also live in Australia where it's becoming autumn so it'd be nice if they released some autumn items at the same time as the spring line. What I really need is a tweed jacket and a top coat...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#7 [url]

Mar 28 13 8:50 AM

Actually, the reversed seasons may normall work in your favour, right? I mean, you can make use of the end of season sales and actually for you that season just starts...

Quote    Reply   

privatewalker

Indochino Superhero Mod

#8 [url]

Mar 28 13 3:35 PM

Yeah, the season reverse would normally be great but I've only just started using indochino (I picked up the Harlem sunset blazer when it was on sale) and so I basically missed all the winter stuff.

Just bad timing on my part haha.

Quote    Reply   

andytucks123

Indochino Superhero Mod

#9 [url]

Mar 29 13 3:17 AM

I totally agree with you "privatewalker" I'm an Australian too (Perth) and even with the strong $AUD to $USD rate these days, we are still getting taken for a ride I think, my post from indochino review is below and outlines my feelings towards their prices;

Personally I'm a little "cheesed off" in some regards. My main grumble point is;

That the The Ultimate Premium Slate Blue Windowpane Check Wool Suit ($599

goes for the same price as

The Nanotech Gray & Blue Plaid Suit ($599).

Why is this an issue for me? Simple, they both appear to be using the same grade/quality of Australian Merino wool, both are plaid, both can have "fancy" Bemberg linings.

Yet 1 comes with a NanoTech coating and the option (and who wouldn't take it!) of having a "Smart Pocket". I can't see how Indochino can justify pricing these 2 suits the same if one has an advanced protective coating on it and the smart system as an option.

If I purchased theThe Ultimate Premium Slate Blue Windowpane Check Wool Suit right now, I'd feel ripped off, knowing that for the same price I could have something with a NanoTech coating and the option to have the "smart pocket" option

Quote    Reply   

dtab

Indochino Novice

#10 [url]

Mar 29 13 8:35 AM

I'm a big fan of the new collection. I missed out on the linen and cotton suits from last year (although I did manage to get the navy blue cotton suit as part of one of their happy hour sales) and made sure I ordered mine up good and quick this time. I went for the sand linen, grey linen and olive cotton.I like a lot of the little tweaks they've done recently on the site - better visualization for lapels, linings, pockets; felt and thread colour options; new pocket and lining options for the blazers - and to the actual clothes. I have a few shirts and a couple suits from their updated construction and they are by far the best products I've gotten from them.

As for the DB without peak lapels.....why follow the "rules"? I have a DB with notch lapels and it works - not once has somebody pointed out the "need" for peak lapels on said suit.

Quote    Reply   

n00b2000

Indochino Novice

#11 [url]

Mar 30 13 3:34 PM

@dtab I don't disagree with you that lapel style is a personal call, and although it's not my cup of tea, I've seen notch DBs that work, blazers in particular. That said, given that this is the first time that IC has modelled DBs, I think it's an odd decision not to go the traditional route. It seems to jive with my broader concern that IC sees itself more and more as a fashion company rather than a menswear company. I mean, if that's where they want to go it's their prerogative of course, but as a customer that needs courtroom and business suits, it's my hope that they don't stray too far from their roots. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help