Remove this ad

andytucks123

Indochino Superhero Mod

Lead

Mar 23 13 11:38 PM

Tags : :

Hi All,

I don't know about how other people feel about the new range of indochino plaid suits in particular the Nanotech plaid suits (http://www.indochino.com/product/the-nanotech-gray-blue-plaid-suit & http://www.indochino.com/product/the-nanotech-tan-gray-plaid-suit), I really have to say that in my opinion it is a step in forward thinking & direction from Indochino.

I really do want to look at buying the The Nanotech Grey & Blue plaid suit, the pattern/design on the fabric is nice and warm and not so strong that it makes you feel like you're at the British Open or driving an Austin Healy smoking from a pipe. In fact it reminds me of traditional Scotland tartan.

The only reasons as to why I would not buy it right now are few and brief;

1. It's $599 (even with the strong $AUD it is still expensive) and there are currently no specials/discounts on this suit
2. It doesn't offer a "standard" 3-piece suit option, you have to manually go and add the waistcoat ($129USD) if you want that (and then it costs a massive $729USD - near the $1000AUD customs import/tax limit)
3. Going back to point 2 a bit here but $729USD for a 3-piece suit that doesn't even off or come with the storm option for that price
4. There is no storm option avaliable for this suit (which is a little suprising to me considering its initial price)

Hopefully Indochino may look at making it simpler (and less expensive too!) to get this as a 3-piece suit, with the option of adding the storm option.

Let me know if you have any comments or ideas related to this topic, happy to hear others inputs

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#1 [url]

Mar 24 13 6:49 AM

You are right, those suits are pretty nice - I didn't actually notice they were added.

The storm flap was basically removed, as customer feedback was massively negative, but I'm sure they have plenty of storm flaps on stock, might be worth to ask if you can have one. 

The price is indeed steep. I'd have loved them to release those suits without the Nanotech treatment. It's hardly a selling point except for a few and it does raise the price considerably. 

In a nutshell, yeah, I love the looks as well but I think their strategy is just a bit too premium at the moment. Let's hope for a deal soon!

Quote    Reply   

andytucks123

Indochino Superhero Mod

#2 [url]

Mar 25 13 1:48 PM

I have just been in contact with IC about my questions about this suit. Unfortunately I didn't receive the answers I was I hoping for.

They don't intend on offering a price reduction on the 3-piece version

It's not available minus the nanotech coating

And no they won't do the storm option for me with this particular suit

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help