Remove this ad

sturner1126

Indochino Superhero Mod

Lead

Mar 18 13 7:01 AM

Tags : :

I am looking to place my first Indochino order and want to make a statement with it. I am considering a double-breasted suit. What pants options would best for a contempoary look. Most of what I read suggests pleated and cuffs, but I generally avoid both and the Indochino website itself discourages both. Any thoughts from the forum? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#1 [url]

Mar 18 13 7:44 PM

Personally, I think with the style of double breasted jackets today e.g. a slimmer cut and slightly shorter jackets, there is no need for pleats and cuffs. That said, single pleats might be good for you depending on your shape.

Quote    Reply   

sturner1126

Indochino Superhero Mod

#2 [url]

Mar 19 13 6:25 AM

Thank you. I am 6'1" and am quite lanky, 32x32 jeans. Working on developing a more athletic build and 'V' chest, but it will never be dramatic. Was the original purpose of the pleats and cuffs to balance out the visual weight of traditionally cut DB jackets? -Thus the newer, slimmer cuts eliminate this need?

Quote    Reply   

privatewalker

Indochino Superhero Mod

#4 [url]

Mar 21 13 12:41 AM

I think cuffs look great but they also serve a functional purpose by adding extra weight the ankle opening which allows the trouser to hang nicely, especially if you like very little break. I can't stand trousers that flap around when I walk... or if I breathe too close to them.
I have cuffs on all trousers and I'm 5'7.

Have you thought about a 3 piece with peak lapels instead of double breasted? a 3 piece is a very powerful looking suit and will make a statement but is more versatile as it can be worn as a 2 piece as well.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#5 [url]

Mar 22 13 12:39 AM

sturner1126, not sure what the original purpose was or if it was just the style of the time. Agreed with what urfe9 suggested, Sabir from Men's Style Pro indeed has some great shots of double-breasted suits!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help