Remove this ad

jwhende7

Indochino Newb

Lead

Feb 5 13 8:31 AM

Tags : :

So I just got an invoice from FedEx for $30 for customs, GST and an Advancement Fee for my remake items. Has anybody else been charged this? If this is normal practice I find it quiet ridiculous as it cost me $20 to ship the items back to Vancouver and now this $30 cost..all in all $50 to have two shirts remade which is a far cry from the "free" they advertise. I'm in Canada if this makes any difference. You'd figure the items would be shipped from Shanghai to Vancouver first and Indochino would pick up the bill.

Surprised I haven't heard more people complaining about this, or maybe I'm not really supposed to be charged for this?

Anybody else have this disappointing experience?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

jwhende7

Indochino Newb

#2 [url]

Feb 6 13 10:24 AM

Has anybody else had this issue (I assume lots of people here have gone through the remake process). Indochino responded with the "it is our policy that all return shipping fees and any customs/taxes are the responsibility of the customer" crap. I don't care about the return shipping as it clearly indicates on their site that this is the customers responsibility. What it doesn't specify is that I have to pay customs/taxes. In fact, Indochino's website clearly says that shipping is free to most Countries (including Canada of course). I never paid for customs or taxes on my original order so it seems very fishy that I should have to pay for it on my remade shirts. In particular I am paying GST again so I've essentially payed GST twice for the shirts which doesn't make sense.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#3 [url]

Feb 8 13 7:59 AM

I think they changed a couple of things regarding their customs policy - I have noticed that lately GST gets added to the price before checkout and also they don't seem to take over all the customs/taxes on import anymore. Actually, on a return item there should not be any customs, in my opinion, as it was paid for the first time. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help