Remove this ad

davesetton

Indochino Superhero Mod

Lead

Dec 28 12 1:20 PM

Tags : :

What is the advantage of asking for a lower button stance?  I am heavier on the bottom (thanks mom) and want to know whether I should ask for a lower stance or just regular.  I am hoping to post pics soon on the suit that I have bought from Indochino for some suggestions on my next suit.  I've learned a lot since my last suit purchase and would love to make the next one perfect.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

n00b2000

Indochino Novice

#3 [url]

Jan 15 13 10:54 PM

From what I understand from my conversations with IC's customer service, they've just recently decided to stop offering the lower button stance as an option - Lorenz, have you heard anything regarding this? They say it's messing with their patterns, although the lower stance was not terribly far off from their one-button suit, so I'm not totally convinced. If so, that would suck, 'cause I'm not an enormous fan of IC's standard button placement. 

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#4 [url]

Jan 16 13 3:13 AM

Yeah, that is what I have heard too. It does annoy me quite a bit as well, their high button stance just doesn't fit me well. I know they are working on improving their patterns, I hope this will happen soon and it means a lower button stance will again be possible. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

sgc3301

Indochino Superhero Mod

#5 [url]

Feb 28 13 10:30 AM

were you trying to lower the one button or two button suit? i like a lower button stance myself but i'm only looking at one button right now

Quote    Reply   

karldrogo

Indochino Novice

#7 [url]

Mar 5 13 8:33 PM

Pretty much useless trying to request different button stances these days. From their Facebook wall (typos left intact):

I hear that you can no long alter the defualy button stance on the suits. Is that true?
Button stance is primarily dictated by the length of the jacket and we found customer's expectation of requesting it to be lowered or raised couldn't be fulfilled accurately. The best way to lower/raise the button stance is to change from a two button to a one button jacket, or vice versa. You can get a good idea of how this effects the look by playing with these customizations here: http://www.indochino.com/Suits/personalization

I was also warned of the same thing when attempting to request a lower button stance on my Navy Cotton Suit remake. I wanted a lower button stance because: 1) Indochino is known for their slightly high button stances in general on their two-button suits; 2) I needed the remade jacket to be longer in length, and if they don't lower the button stance accordingly, the button stance will look even higher in relation.

Naturally, I was declined, but we'll see how my remake turns out.

Quote    Reply   

deride

Indochino Novice

#8 [url]

Mar 6 13 7:26 AM

What I noticed with my 3 piece suits is that the suits have a high button stance but the vests do not, so when I button up the jacket I can hardly see the vest peeking through. I know that lower collars on vests are the current trend (I have a suit from 15 years ago with a very high vest), but it seems like it should a show just a bit more -- perhaps a lower button stance on the jacket.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help