Remove this ad

jwhende7

Indochino Newb

Lead

Dec 18 12 7:53 AM

Tags : :

Don't know why the image goes in sidewise. This is my/indochinos very first attempt at the suit and I think it turned out really well. As far as what I was thinking for remake. I was going to increase the pant waist by .5" and the pant length by .25". Increase the neck size by .5", increase the shirt chest by .5", decrease the shirt bicep width by 5" and increase the shirt sleeve length by .25". I feel like the waist suppression on the jacket might be slightly to much (maybe .5"). But i'm afraid to actually modify the measurements, because it's very very close to that slim fit i'm trying to go for.

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#1 [url]

Dec 19 12 9:09 AM

That looks pretty good! I'm sure you will soon hear some comments regarding the buttons (bottom one always stays unbuttoned). Actually, the changes you mentioned wouldn't necessarily need a remake, you could also just bring it to a tailor I think.

Quote    Reply   

al414

Indochino Novice

#2 [url]

Dec 19 12 2:25 PM

I wouldn't worry about the waist suppression. You don't have the pulling that creates an X around the top button so it seems fine to me. Pants length also looks fine to me, but that's a personal preference matter. Overall, excellent fit in my opinion!

Quote    Reply   

adambeck

Indochino Novice

#3 [url]

Dec 20 12 7:18 AM

Yeah, I agree, see if a tailor can help you out first.  In terms of the shirt, I know from asking int he past that they usually can't make those larger (there's no extra fabric), but the suit should have some additional fabic in it for this express purpose.  Overall, a great first suit!

DId you just got through the measurements online, or did you go to a traveling tailor or anything?

Quote    Reply   

jwhende7

Indochino Newb

#4 [url]

Dec 20 12 9:51 AM

To all, 

Ha ha yes, I have no idea why I buttoned the bottom button. Had just got back from a late flight and was eager to try it on. After having the picture taken I realized that both buttons were done up, but wasn't about to put on the whole suit again to take more pictures!

Decided that I wouldn't apply for a remake on the suit jacket and instead will just leave it or have the waist suppression reduced slightly by a tailor. So overall, the only thing I'm getting remade is the shirts (which i'm certain the errors were my fault in measuring (neck and chest). Going to be nice to have all these measurements saved and know that I can order a decent fitting suit/pants/shirt for a good price on a whim.

Appreciate everyone's feedback!

Quote    Reply   

jwhende7

Indochino Newb

#5 [url]

Dec 20 12 9:56 AM

DId you just got through the measurements online, or did you go to a traveling tailor or anything?

-adambeck

Just measured myself closely (3 times) following the instructions. I knew I wanted the suit to be slim fitting so I measured everything very snug, only allowing for 1 finger when instructed in the video.

This is probably why  most of the few errors were on the side of everything being a little tight. The only exception was  my shirt biceps which for some reason were too big (and the shirt measurements were significantly more then the bicep measurement I provided.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help