Remove this ad

tjunkie

Indochino Superhero Mod

Lead

Dec 5 12 9:33 AM

Tags : :

Hi all, bit of a materials question for anyone in the know. I'm on the point of ordering a tux from IC, and while I do like the look of the midnight blue, I'm not sure I can pull it off. Thus I've got my eye on a black one-button shawl lapel.

I've just noticed, though, that the materials vary significantly, at least as stated in the product overviews -- while the midnight blue is a S140's 95/5 wool/cashmere blend, both blacks are listed as S120's 97/3 wool & silk (plus trim). I know super numbers aren't everything, but the discrepancy threw me slightly and I wanted to solicit some feedback from anyone who might have one of the black blends. Timing constraints sadly don't allow for a swatch delivery, so I'd appreciate any advice the community might have. Thanks all!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#1 [url]

Dec 5 12 4:21 PM

While I can't comment on the quality of the black tux, I just want to mention that any fabric without polyester content and with a 120 thread count will probably be fine. 

Just out of interest, why would you not be able to pull off the midnight blue? It's not a very unorthodox choice.  

Quote    Reply   

tjunkie

Indochino Superhero Mod

#2 [url]

Dec 5 12 7:12 PM

Aye, fair enough I suppose. I ask mainly because I've seen plenty of good feedback lately on the midnight blue, but next to none on the black, and it surprised me that they use a significantly different fabric for what is otherwise (almost) exactly the same suit. I can't think of a reason they would skimp on the one and not the other, but thought I'd ask around for any reviews.

As for the latter, I agree it's a very reasonable choice, and one that I do like the look of, both on the review and in the photos from the other recent thread. My hesitation is that were I to go with the midnight blue, I would be getting a Skyfall tux down to the details, and while I'd happily admit we're all probably trying to look like James Bond a bit, I'm warped enough to want to appear as though I'm not (particularly wearing it around London after the Bond-packed year we've had). One question for you -- do you know the current line on full satin lapels? I've seen differing accounts lately of how willing IC are to swap out the satin-edged ones.

Quote    Reply   

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#3 [url]

Dec 6 12 3:24 PM

The last info I had was that they cannot change it to full satin - did someone manage to get it? Can understand why you don't want to go for the full Bond look, but would it be so obvious?

Quote    Reply   

tjunkie

Indochino Superhero Mod

#4 [url]

Dec 6 12 4:28 PM

Well, I'm not sure how obvious it would be; perhaps not so much. I sort of imagine going full-on Bond looks brilliant if there's one of you in the room and glaring if there are two. Anyway, it's still under consideration. The lapels are a bit of a sticking point though, as I'm not too keen on the lined look. According to rnjbond the full satin was available on request at some point, but I'm not sure how far back that was or why IC seem more reluctant to do so now.

I may write the folks a note and try my luck. If they can't do it, dilemma solved.

Quote    Reply   

jackwins

Indochino Superhero Mod

#5 [url]

Jan 1 13 1:12 PM

I ordered the Midnight Blue Tux a couple of weeks ago.  The same day I placed my order online I also emailed Indo to see if they would make the lapel all black satin and they said no.  A week later I sent them another email hoping I would get a different answer and the reply was still no.

Even though I cant go full Bond, I will still be happy with the tux. (of course, thats if they cut it correctly)

Quote    Reply   

rnjbond

Indochino Novice

#10 [url]

Jan 17 13 11:14 AM

Honestly think I just got lucky and asked them VERY nicely and very early on.

That level of customer service (along with the quality of the finished products) is why I aggressively recommend Indochino to all my peers.

Quote    Reply   

sgc3301

Indochino Superhero Mod

#11 [url]

Feb 28 13 10:26 AM

Just got a response from the that cannot make the full lapel in satin.  How early did you get your tux made?  I'm wondering if it's something they didn't mind doing at first but might have been overwhelmed with requests.  to be honest, if I were fortunate enough to get them to accomodate that request I'd be happy that they shut it down.  Less of them out there! 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help