Remove this ad

deride

Indochino Novice

Lead

Nov 22 12 1:10 PM

Tags : :

Has anyone ordered a belt from Indochino? Have you noticed that it's about as wide as a ladies watchband?

Indochino screwed up on my suit order (gave me the wrong lining), so they offered to remake it or give me a shirt & accessory as compensation. Since the lining colour was still a pretty good match, I decided to take the shirt & accessory -- but what accessory to choose? I fished around on the site and decided on the brown/tan belt, since my current brown belt was almost dead.

When I opened the package, I couldn't believe that such a small box could actually contain a belt. Well, it only fit in there because it was the daintiest belt I ever considered wearing. The website lists it at 0.75 inches, so I shouldn't have been surprised, but I still was. Man, that thing is skinny. I mean, my belt loops on my Indo suits are all about 1.75 inches, so this diminuitive belt is literally swimming around in there.

If you look at the product page for the belt on the website, they don't show it on a pair of pants, but if you see a model wearing it on a pair of pants elsewhere on the site, you get a sense for it. I should have done a little more homework. I just don't think I'm ready to wear such a skinny belt just yet. It is going to take some getting used to.

Beyond that, the quality of the belt seems OK. It doesn't have an obviously bonded look to it, but the colouring seems a bit artificial -- I put it on once and when I took it off the buckle has already scraped off a bit of the brown colour on the edge to reveal a lighter tone underneath. I don't know if this belt would age very well. However, that's just a first impression. Anyone have one of these? How did it work out for you?

Are the rest of you already accustomed to this skinny-belt trend?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

indochinoreview

Indochino Regular

#2 [url]

Nov 23 12 2:41 AM

I got one a while ago and I too was a bit shocked to see how thin it was. Wore it at work once and it was asked if I took my girlfriend's belt in the morning by accident... I haven't used it much ever since. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help